Who is Twiggy?
- At the age of 16, Twiggy was hired as a London based model in 1966.
- She quickly became an icon known for her long, false eyelashes, exaggerated eye makeup, and close, cropped hairstyle.
- After modelling successfully into the early '70's, Twiggy worked as a singer and actress and garnered several awards.
- By the age of 17, Twiggy was one of the most famous faces on the planet. Her photograph was even in a time capsule and was sent into space!
- By this time in the sixties,
- Twiggy had already become a household name across the globe, an icon whose image graced the covers of Vogue and even her own American publication Her Mod, Mod, Teen World.
- Twiggy retired from modelling in 1970 when she was cast in 'The Boy Friend' she was involved in various modelling assignments, including posing with David Bowie to create the classic shot that became the cover of his Pin Ups Album.
- Since 2005, Twiggy has acted as the face of Marks and Spencers in their successful marketing campaigns.