Sunday, 15 November 2015

A Lifestyle Post: A Trip To Newcastle

Happy weekend to you all, despite the horrific and devastating news that happened in Paris on Friday. My heart goes out to you all. #PrayforParis

On Saturday 15th November I got the train from York to Newcastle to visit my sister for the day. I had not seen her probably since she got back from New York. She'd been away for 6 weeks and then was straight back to university in Newcastle. The train journey was very relaxing and it only takes an hour on the train, I was too busy looking out at the window and totally forgot to listen to my music. I actually wanted to save my battery even though I had charged it the night before. Anyway, time had soon passed and I arrived in Newcastle an hour later. I saw my sister whilst walking over the bridge. I heard her say 'Charlotte have you got your train ticket out?' I said 'Yes don't worry Fi' and headed towards the ticket barriers.


Newcastle is such a lovely city and I love the people. Their accents and the fact that they are so friendly. We went for coffee at Cafe Nero, Fiona had tea and I was drinking a Latte.





After having a long chat we looked at the cinema times and decided to watch a film which my sister had watched on the Friday night and loved it. She also thought I would enjoy it too as the film is set in the 1950's. The film was called Brooklyn, It was about an Irish immigrant who had moved to New York who had to make a difficult choice when her past rears its head.








We had a lovely late lunch at Jamie's Italian. We started off with Garlic Bread to share which was so lovely and was not too strong. I had a Mussel and Squid black ink pasta was delicious. I love seafood and it really is the best. Fiona had a ricotta pizza with spring onions and rocket which she enjoyed too. We talked about a variety of different things, boys, New York and general sister things!

Another vinyl? Yes how could I not resist. We went to a music shop JG Windows and there were lots of vinyls to choose from. There was only one 'A Hard Days Night' by The Beatles and I had to buy it. Priced at £21.99 which is not too bad and was cheaper than a few at HMV,


Lottie x
Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig