Welcome To The Good Life

When I hear of that saying 'welcome to the good life' I automatically think of the song by Kanye West because that is where it comes from. An unusual title of a Vintage blog post but yet when I thought about it the song was done by in 2007 so its slightly old fashioned in a funny way. Maybe its me but that is what I liked about it.

This post is going to be a chatty one, I love these chatty lifestyle posts and as always I like to add a retro pictures for example here is a sixties model Jenny Boyd, the sister of Pattie. How alike do they look!?

Blogging as you know has become something that I love and I enjoy doing when I have nothing else going me. Its my happy place, the place where its just me talking to you about my favourite Vintage things. That could be rambling on about how much I love Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. Or even about how I love The Beatles. Because yes I could talk about them forever and my love of music. I've always loved music from a young age, I think it was probably the day I got my CD player and I absolutely loved it. I loved being able to go Tesco to have a look at the album charts to see what new CD's they had and begged my mum to let me get one. I loved Sclub 7, I think every girl loved them and the Spice Girls. They were two of the best girl bands in the 90's. I think I was about 13 when I got the bus on my own to my grandparents and I used to listen to my CD player everywhere, in my room, on the bus and on holiday. It was the greatest thing. I then was able to get one in my room and I used to sit on the floor and sing to the lyrics (or I tried too).

Through the years I have liked so much different artists and when I was about 16 I started to listen to The Beatles and I've been loving them ever since. Do you remember a year ago when I got my record player? Well on my 23rd birthday I was lucky enough to go and choose my record player and it was the best gift I've ever had. Ever since that day I've been listening to it and my vinyl collection is pretty big. I say big I have over 20 vinyls. The majority of them are of the course The Beatles, I have Mumford and Sons, Lana Del Rey and so much more. The list goes on, I was so lucky to be able to have my grandad's original Frank Sinatra records who I adore. 





I have to admit since HMV decided to stock lots and lots I love going in and seeing what new ones they have. About a couple of weeks ago I bought Revolver by The Beatles and a John and Yoko one.
I was very happy indeed, however I need to slow down for a bit! The weather is slowly getting better and I need to start buying some spring clothes! That time will come when I will be able to afford clothes and vinyls altogether but that will be a while yet! 

Music has always been in my family and for me it can mean happiness, a song that reminds you of a memory or one of the greatest things ever is being able to love the same music as your parents or grandparents loved. I love so many different artists from different eras and I'm currently listening to Frank Sinatra on vinyl whilst I'm blogging. 

Anyway, I feel like I have rambled on too long about my love of music but basically without my blog I would not be able to do any of this.






Professional Blog Designs by pipdig