Reflecting on November




If you had seen my 'Reflecting on October' post from last month you would have read that I sadly lost my Grandad and it has been very hard. I started this month feeling sad and wishing he was still with me and my family. However he was getting tired and it was his time to go, he had such a wonderful life and I am truly blessed to have known him and have such amazing memories to treasure for the rest of my life. At the beginning of November I thinking how I am going to get over this and how I would be when it was his funeral. Grandad's funeral took place on Thursday 10th November 2016 and in the morning of the day I was completely fine, I mean I did not know what to expect as I had never been to a funeral before and It didn't hit me until we left my Grandma and Grandad's house that this was it. He had died and he was never coming back and this was the last time I was able to say goodbye to him and to tell him I loved him. I am getting tearful writing this as it was yesterday for me when it happened. However despite telling myself I was not going to cry, I did when the hearse turned up and seeing my family crying in the car behind when we arrived. As we walked into the room it was so emotional and all I kept thinking was this is it, it is really happening. How can this be happening?! I could not believe how many people were there that turned up, the room was filled with his family and some of his friends. He would have been happy to see so many people who loved him and had great times with him. It was such a lovely service and a day I will never forget.

It has been 2 weeks since the funeral and I am slowly getting back life, I still have moments of sadness and your mind drifts off and thinks of him. It just happens, you cannot help it and I guess its just part of grieving. Whilst that is going on I eventually sent a lovely letter to a dear friend who I met on Instagram, she is into vintage and we have the same kind of interests. It really is! As I wite this, I just send her the parcel and I will be posting on social media her lovely letter and goodies she sent me the other day. I also have a facebook page for my blog!! About time really.. well I have been thinking about it for a while and decided I would just do it!! Please make sure you show it some love and give it a like - I would be so grateful!! Here is the link: My Facebook Page for my blog!


Blogging has taken a bit of a back seat recently but do not worry I am getting back into blogging again and keep your eyes peeled for new posts!!!

Love Lottie X



















Professional Blog Designs by pipdig